About the unit of Sustainable Production Systems
The unit of Sustainable Production Systems focuses on both fundamental research and industrial applications in the area of sustainable manufacturing and production systems.
Head of Unit
Its research activities cover the spectrum from machine-level adaptive control to enterprise-level manufacturing management.
In the era of Industry 4.0 towards smart manufacturing, our research activities include, but are not limited to:
- Human-Robot Collaboration
- Human-Cyber-Physical Production Systems
- Machine Learning in Assembly
- Big Data Analytics in Process Planning/Scheduling
- Cloud Manufacturing
- Condition-Based Predictive Maintenance
- Model-Based Sensor-Driven Remote Monitoring and Control
- Brain Robotics for Human-Centred Production.
Sustainability concerns are addressed from environmental, social and economic perspectives along the lifecycle of products and during production. Adaptability is another target of our solutions to address dynamism and uncertainty on manufacturing shop floors, by applying real-time manufacturing intelligence for closed-loop decision making. The present research portfolio is illustrated in the figure below.